Re: Vandercook Parts, rollers, for sale.(readable)

 Vandercook parts for sale. (previous post turned number signs, quote marks
and inch marks into gibberish - sorry!)

I bought the remnants of a shop a few weeks ago, and amongst the items I do
not need are some parts, listed below, for Vandercook proof presses. Mostly
for Universal #1 proof presses,  as they had three of these. I am trying to
get these parts into hands that can use them.

The fat core rollers and their shafts have been separated as different parts
because various presses  use the same cores on different length shafts.

If you are interested in spare rollers, measure your form rollers and shafts
carefuly to see if the listed parts will work for you.

For Sale ...make whatever offer you feel like.

Item #1 - Beautiful original Vandercook  .968 inch diameter chromed roller
height setting gage.

Item #2 - Solid brass paper side guide assembly, complete, micro adjustable.
(part number L-3 ??)

Item #3 - Form roller gear, 48 teeth, 3 and 1/8 inch diameter,   5/8 inch
diameter center hole, for the shafts of  fat core form rollers.

Item #4 - Form roller gear, 48 teeth, 3 and 1/8 inch diameter,  1/2 inch
diameter center hole. NOT for a Universal 1 press - so far as I know.

Items #5 (a-b-c-d) - Four retaining slotted cap screws ...part number X-14099
...to hold cores to bearing  blocks,  1 and 11/16 inches long with a  3/8
inch by  24 thread,  a  land of .470 inch diameter for bearing, set screw in
center locks screw into the core.

Items #6 (a-b-c-d) - 4 bearing block assemblies with bearings ...complete
with adjusting knobs)  - two left side, two right side.  ...left hand side
is part number X-16836 ?     right  hand side might be part number X-1683 ?
...1990 new pricewas $128.00 ea.   They currently contain good Federal
#1201FF bearings, but replacement bearings are still made and easy to find if
needed.

Item #7 - One 3/4 inch diameter by 20 and 11/16 inch small core form roller,
with original Vandercook roller that has shrunk to 2.85 inch diameter, too
small to adjust or use, good as a core only I think. Uses item #5 retaining
screws in the ends.

Item #8 - One 3/4 inch diameter by 20 and 11/16  inch small core form roller,
with original Vandercook roller that has shrunk to 2.85 inch diameter, too
small to adjust or use, good as a core only I think. Uses item #5 retaining
screws in the ends.

Items #9 (a-b-c) - Three bare roller cores for the small core form rollers,
3/4 inch by 20 and 11/16 inch - all can use item #5 retaining  screws in ends.

Items #10(a-b-c)  - Three fat core form rollers,  19 and 5/8 inches by  1 and
5/16 inch core, (part number X-14616 ?) used with the 5/8 inch (part number
X-1=
4095 ? ...shafts in the center. All good as cores only.

Items #11 (a-b) - Shafts  (part number X-14095 ?) for fat core rollers form,
a ground 5/8 inch , by 20 and  11/16 inch shaft.  Can use item #5 retaining
screws in ends.

Item #12 - Shaft for fat core rollers form. a ground 5/8 inch, by 21 and 3/8
inch shaft with bearing lands of .471 inch diameter ground onto ends, does
not use the item #5 retaining screws, but something smaller.

Item #13 - Vandercook manual for  Universal #1 hand press, has parts diagrams.

Any or all parts are for sale for the best offers I get over the next two
weeks or so. Shipping cost is additional to sale price.  Things will be a bit
uncertain until I determine if anyone wants enough parts for a full set of
spare rollers. Preference will be given to anybody who needs  cores, bearing
blocks, retaining screws, etc., for a whole spare set of rollers, or if they
have a press and no rollers at all. If nobody wants a set, I will parcel out
single parts separately. I suggest that I cut away the rubber from the cores
to save shipping weight, because the cores are 2.5 pounds, the cores with
rollers are about 7 or 8  pounds each.

If interested in something, or if you have any questions, let me know by
e-mail.

Bill Simon
BSimon1234@aol.com
Phoenix.