Re: Motivation, cont'd

Thank you Betty!

I needed the boost.  I started my bookbinding "career" four years ago at
age 48.  (some still think me crazy) after many years as a newspaper
woman.  I too had a person for inspiration.  Bill Streeter, my teacher,
who started his bookbinding practice  later in life, in Northampton, Ma
when others felt he should be planning retirement not yet another
career.  But, alas, Bill's constant encouragement (and continued
encouragement) have given me the stamina to start my own bookbindery.

Many times when I am hesitant to continue my studies, he is always ready
with the push I need and is living proof that even those of us  who
never considered ourselves artists can embark on a journey into the book
world.

We do often commiserate how envious we are those young ones among us who
found  book arts at an early age.  So many more opportunities and the
ability to move around from book program to book program.

But, no I am not complaining, I give thanks daily for my later in life
career find.

Regards,

Kathy Parulski
Bristol, CT