REQUEST: Self-published best-sellers?

I am preparing a feature on self-published books for my
Book@rts website, with an excellent article by Dorothy Jane
Mills, who mentions some self-published books and authors
that went on to conventional  glory, such as Michael Hyatt's
The Millenium Bug, a New York Times #7 best-seller.

I believe that The Celestine Prophecy was originally
self-published. Any other ideas for self-published or vanity
press books that became best-sellers or cult classics or
otherwise distinguished themselves in the conventional
publishing world?

--
Jules Siegel Apdo 1764 Cancun Q. Roo 77501
http://www.cancunguide.com