cost of self publishing

 I wrote a while back about interests in self publishing and have been
trying to find out a basic figure of how much it costs to self publish
can anyone give me a basic example for how much a book may cost with
color images (art book) just curious before i actually get down  to
getting artwork photographed ect. and what is a usuall amount to publish
if you want to get a wide distribution , 10,000 copies? thank you from a
beginning self publisher tom johnson