Re: REQUEST: Self-published best-sellers?

 If I remember correctly, The New York Times Magazine reported that Edward
Tufte took out a second mortage to self-publish Envisioning Information,
which is the best book of its kind I've seen.  Wonder if his school would
accept it as a professional publication?   Shutter to think?