A photo album question

If I make a photo album using handmade paper and Davey board for the cover
and then if I want to use a standard plastic insert (the kind that, for
example, will hold 64 pictures, and is available from Pioneer Photo Albums),
how do I attach the plastic insert to the cover that I made?

If I secure the spine of the insert to the cover board, it isn't strong
enough, because it is attached at the spine only.

If I glue the 2 end sheets of the plastic insert to the cover, then the whole
plastic thing warps when the album is closed.

As you may guess, this is another one of my projects which can succeed only
with help from the list.