Fwd: new author lost in bookbinding / printing maze

I'm forwarding this to the list. Please respond directly tohim, he is not
on the list.

p.

From: "dematas" <dematas@GATEWAY.NET>
Subject: new author lost in bookbinding / printing maze
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 02:21:15 -0700

Hi my name is tom from li NY and I authored a humble 75 or so page book 8
1/2 x 11 [children size] and am bogged down in ?? if one does not know
where one is, then perhaps one may not know the question to ask to get help
or to tell someone where they are to get someone there to help them?
I thought I would just go down to the printer and get glossy dustcovers
with a Picture and bring the 75 pages and dust cover to a bookbinder to put
on  a library bound plain hardcover, wrap the dustcover  around it and have
a book or about 75-100  [my rough target  that my budget might afford] [ I
can see u laughing now....] well as I well know, it doesn't work that
way... I have no clue as to what a printer is telling me in "specs" much
less what a  bookbinder is telling me...I am lost in "bookpublishing" space
and could use guidance direction etc... any and all help deeply
appreciated.  I set up a humble email as tdassociates@usa.net... ideas and
suggestion welcome and appreciated...thanks..tom d.
P.S. the "book" is "quasi poetry rap" about this medic in Vietnam as told
in the 1st person about 1st hand feelings while trying to save people and
feelings about Vietnam...

                                >>> I loved working in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen
<Email>