urban printer's myth

In a message dated 5/23/99 5:41:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
prtsbyaj@EUREKANET.COM writes:

<< The product from a Laser printer is temporary and will peel off the page
 when the heat and humidity are right or wrong depending on the which side of
 the fence you are on. >>

Since when?! I have been printing books with a laser printer for years
without so much as a single period peeling off.  Books have been shipped
around the world in every imaginable enviroment and there hasn't been a
single problem. Sounds like some kind of urban printer's myth to me.
dt fletcher