Re: cost of self publishing

I beg to differ on the desirability of printing short run books on a laser
printer. I spent many years as a letterpress printer, and until recently,
still had letterpress equipment of my own.
A laser printer with adjustable fuser temperatures will put a durable image
on alkaline paper at a much lower cost than offset. At 1200 dpi the quality
is better than many offset printers produce.
If you have lots of time and money, by all means go letterpress.
It is _not_ correct that high humidity will cause laser printing to peel
off paper. Nor will temperatures bellow 120 degrees F affect laser
printing. At temperatures above 300 degrees F, the result is not to have
the image peel, but rather the toner will melt and block book pages.