Re: urban printer's myth

My most precious piece of equipment is a two ton guillotine paper cutter
manufactured around 1890. It is a work of art which graces one corner of
the second "bedroom" in our two-bedroom apartment. The rest of the room has
printers, computer, scanner, copier, etc.
        If I didn't have this jewel, I would probably buy a small guillotine
cutter. The cheapest one available is made by Martin Yale. It cuts 12" wide
and 1.5 inches thick. You can buy it on the internet for $500, though
Prnters Shopper charges considerably more.
        I have a friend at a quick printer who will trim a book block for $1.50,
which is dirt cheap.
Rupert