Re: cost of self publishing

In a message dated 5/23/99 8:56:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
r-evans4@STAFF.UIUC.EDU writes:

<< Yes, but a duplexer on your laser printer saves the aggravation of running
 the pages through a second time to print on the second side and getting the
 sheets out of order >>

The duplexer is of course great, be sure to use long grain paper to reduce
curl. But, the real breakthrough is the hard drive in the printer. With this
handy item I download the complete book in one shot, completely collated. The
first book takes a loooooong time, but that copy is stored on the printer
hard drive and copies 2 - 999 spits out at full printer engine speed.  With
my HP 4000 I can print a complete double sided, collated, 220 page book in
about 15 minutes. Print runs of 100 are a snap.
dt fletcher