Re: Self-published best-sellers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurie O'Brien <FLAPOET@AOL.COM>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: Self-published best-sellers?

>When you study the poems in the editions he [Blake] did or
oversaw, you really get a feel for the structural and
artistic issues in his work and how his poems seem to be
also talking about these issues.

I would really very much like to read more about this. It's
the main issue, isn't it?

>he and the others I mentioned are so much a part of the
canon and still did so much themselves--kind of frowned upon
in many academic circles now.

Why is it frowned on? What's the motivation for this denial
of individual validity?