Re: dye as lightfast as acrylic paint

--------------7AA929CF9FE619397C2ECD0C

Regarding dyes:  a really excellent product which as far as I know is lightfast
when used correctly is Sennilier's Silk Dyes.  They come already mixed in
little bottles in about thirty colors.  You can dilute them and mix them, you
can brush them on straight out of the bottle.  They don't bleed.  To fix them
you should steam them, which can be a problem for some book arts applications.
I have been using them in a highly improvizational way on leather, which can't
be steamed so heaven only knows how lightfast they will be but I've tested them
under sunlight and so far so good.

Audrey Niffenegger

--------------7AA929CF9FE619397C2ECD0C

begin:vcard
n:Niffenegger;Audrey
tel;work:Columbia College Center for Book and Paper
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:aniffenegger@popmail.colum.edu
x-mozilla-cpt:;0