Re: Copyright on logos and theft of designs

You raise some interesting and difficult issues.

Mostly the questions are answered by the agreement you have with your
client.

If there is a contract to provide services of a well defined nature, then
payment is due if you delivered as the contract states.

If you are working on a time and materials basis, then payment is due for
services rendered.

If on the other hand, you are working on speculation, "Let this be a lesson
to you".

It is very difficult when starting in any business to maintain the "Get a
signature before work begins" attitude. It is the only way to survive in any
business venture.

Abraham Lincoln made the definative statement when he said "A Lawer's time
are his Stock & Trade".  Most any professional trade can be substituted for
Lawer in this statement and it would be true. An artist's vision and
perspective of a job are intelectual properties. That being said, it is now
the artist's responsibility to do whatever is necessary to protect those
rights.

"Get a Signature befor proceeding" must be a way of life.

Good Luck - Been there, Done that.

tks

aj