Re: cost of self publishing

> << Yes, but a duplexer on your laser printer saves the aggravation of running
>  the pages through a second time to print on the second side and getting the
>  sheets out of order >>
>
> The duplexer is of course great, be sure to use long grain paper to reduce
> curl. But, the real breakthrough is the hard drive in the printer. With this
> handy item I download the complete book in one shot, completely collated. The
> first book takes a loooooong time, but that copy is stored on the printer
> hard drive and copies 2 - 999 spits out at full printer engine speed.  With
> my HP 4000 I can print a complete double sided, collated, 220 page book in
> about 15 minutes. Print runs of 100 are a snap.
> dt fletcher

Or go to a local copy shop with electronic printing capability

For example We can store the "electronic original" on our server and print
copies on demand with a number of bindings available (http://www.alco.com).
This is probably a better solution for many people who either have only an
ink jet or a slower laserprinter without a hard drive.

--

To people concerned about the world ending on the Millennium.
The Jewish calendar is in the year 5759 and the Chinese calendar is in the

--

Larry Nebel
AlcoPrint  --  Fremont, CA  --  http://www.alco.com