Re: natural dyes

I found a "natural dye" by accident.  If one boils the yellow flower petals
of the coreopsis, a sort of orangy-colored liquor results.  When this is
added to the (sized) paper vat, the color produced is a lovely peach.  It
does seem to be retained by the fiber.
        Cecile

<<
 On the dye thread, has anyone worked with natural dyes for paper pulp. I'm
 looking for a recipe to include in my next book, The Papermaker's Companion.

 Helen Hiebert >>