[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: natural dyes
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: natural dyes
- From: Cecile Webster <CWebz@AOL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:27:13 EDT
- Message-Id: <199905262328.QAA20466@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I found a "natural dye" by accident. If one boils the yellow flower petals
of the coreopsis, a sort of orangy-colored liquor results. When this is
added to the (sized) paper vat, the color produced is a lovely peach. It
does seem to be retained by the fiber.
On the dye thread, has anyone worked with natural dyes for paper pulp. I'm
looking for a recipe to include in my next book, The Papermaker's Companion.
Helen Hiebert >>