Re: Guillotine paper cutter

Vanessa, there's a piece missing.  It was traditionally made of wood,
though lately I've seen plastic ones.  Wood works better for me. I have a
small guillotine from the 1890's.  I was able to get extra striking sticks
at the place where I have the blade sharpened.  Look for a sharpener in
your area and you'll probably find a stick that will work.  Even the modern
cutters have a cutting surface of some kind. If worse comes to worse, get a
cabinet shop to cut you a piece of hardwood.   Good luck.

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)