Re: Drilling holes through a bookblock

If  you don't have a real paper drill try clamping a scrap plywood panel or
board to each side of the text block a drill through both the wood and the
paper with a woodworkers "forsner" bit.  The outside spirs will cut more
cleanly than a twist drill, which is what I assume you are using.

Good luck.

Regards,