Re: Digital Print Class-ICP

Hello Listmembers:

I have been enjoying this list a great deal since I joined a few months
ago.  I am surprised at the amount of digital topics covered and how the
centuries get intertwined so quickly from post to post.  Also, I've
observed many workshops/classes being posted so I thought I would post one
of three classes I'm giving this term under the auspices of the
International Center of Photography in New York City.

After meeting with one of the list members about a month ago, I learned how
she used an inkjet printer to create limited edition books of her work.
Many others are surely experimenting with similiar digital tools. This
class will cover archival ink/paper issues and how to make long-lasting
prints for books and other art pieces.

My class is for all levels of individuals, but preferably intermediate to
advanced Photoshop users.  Since the class is primarily observation,
lecture and on-site learning, anyone who wishes to broaden their knowledge
of digital output either from a home inkjet printer or a million dollar
digital offset press will benefit.

Please feel free to contact me off-list with any questions.  Here is the
course description and pricing info:

The Digital Print

Producing a digital print that has the image quality of conventional
photographic processes can be difficult even for the digitally savvy
photographer. This three-day workshop will focus on both the preparation of
images for electronic output and the print options available for fine-art
printing. Meeting at the Unsion Studio, the class will discuss input
options such as digital cameras, Photo CD, and the scanning of conventional
materials along with creating transparencies and negatives for contact
printing processes. Equipment demonstrated will include: drum and flatbed
scanners; ink-jet, Iris Continuous-tone, Indigo Dye-Sublimation, Color
Xerox, and electrostatic poster printers; and the numerous paper choices
available. Each participant's images will be scanned, prepared, and printed
in the method of his or her choice. This workshop is an excellent
opportunity for photographers to learn first-hand the technical
applications of digital print processes.

DW7 * Three Days
June 5, 6 & 12
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Andrew Darlow, Photographer, specializing in digital photography and
output; work widely published and exhibited; member, Advertising
Photographers of New York; director of photography, Elements, NYC.
ICP members $405/non-members $420 + lab fee 460 + registration fee $30.
Limited to 11. Prerequisite: Photoshop I, Photoshop Basics, or staff review.