[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What scanner would you recommend?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: What scanner would you recommend?
- From: Emily Martin <emartin@AVALON.NET>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:00:39 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199906062204.RAA20594@arthur.avalon.net>
- Message-Id: <199906071400.HAA24836@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have a UMAX Astra 1220S scanner, it was around $160.00 I think. I haven't
been using it very long but it seems pretty serviceable. I use photoshop
with it. I have an Epson Stylus 1520 inkjet printer and have been putting
any number of handmade papers through it, including the University of Iowa
flax cover paper which is quite thick and rough. My printer has an envelope
setting for heavier paper which is useful.