Re: What scanner would you recommend?

Theresa,

        I also recommend the UMAX 1220S Scanner. It's a great value, and the
software is top notch, something that gets overlooked a little too often. If
you were on a budget, you can get the 1220P (Parallel model) for around $90,
and it also comes in a USB version (1220U), but I'd stick with the SCSI model
if you have an empty ISA slot or already have a SCSI card as SCSI is a lot
faster than parallel.  -Jeff