Re: simulate fluxus work?

Dinah asked:

>...How can I achieve this kind of appearance [ simulating mimeograph or
>xerography or the typewriter]
>with camera-ready art for a conventional printer?

a) you could use a typewriter font (especially a distressed one) on your
computer
b) you could photocopy your laser output several times until it's nicely
broken up (if that's not an oxymoron); or crumple the pages, or put coffee
cup stains on them
c) you could cut and paste letters from newspapers or magazines

Once your camera-ready pages are suitably "flexus-like" (and I'm sorry to
say I don't know what that is), simply take them to your local copy shop or
short-run printer. I think that with a little trial and error you should be
able to duplicate the effect perfectly.

Have fun,
Richard.

Richard Miller <rmiller@peterboro.net>

The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild website:
<http://www.cbbag.ca>