Re: fluxus??

> Pardon my ignorance, folks, but what exactly IS fluxus?? Also, I've been
> wondering what serigraphy is. I know its some kind of printmaking
> technique. If someone could fill me in on these definitions, I'd be most
> obliged :)
>                 -Carrie

Fluxus has never been clearly defined but if you want to get a sense of what
it is/was look at http://www.fluxus.org/

A loose definition would be that it is an attitude towards creativity that
allows for play, seriousness, musicality and experimentation.
Key figures include George Maciunas, Dick Higgins, Emmett Williams,
Nam June Paik, Ken Friedman, Ben Vautier and many more others
others...Fluxus has been said to have begun in 1962 at a performance in
Wiesbaden, Germany but this is really just the first time the name was used
in public to describe what these artists did.

Fluxus is alive today - discussion online on Fluxlist.
see http://www.rust.net/~museum/FLUXLIST/index2.htm

Hope this is helpful.

Sol.