Re: simulate fluxus work?

>When I did some transfers in a class a few years ago, we used alcohol, I
>think--the kind you get in the pharmacy, not the liquor store. You could
>probably also use nail polish remover, although that has additives that
>you may not want.
>
>Betty Steckman

I recently purchased a handy tool for transfering color or black and white
xerox copies from Dick Blick. It is shaped like a soldering iron but with a
round disc at the end that gets *really* hot. You just rub it along the back
of the photocopy - it takes a little practice to apply enough heat to
transfer, but not so much you burn the paper. Results seem to be comperable
to solvent transfers I've done in the past. Takes a little patience, (the
disc is only about the size of a nickle, and you have to move it slowly) but
there are none of the problems associated with using solvents.

Roberta
(sorry if this comes through with huge type, I'm having a little font
problem with my program...)