William Harroff's Waterworks of Art

Dear Book Friends,

I'm pleased to announce the publication of "William
Harroff's Waterworks of Art." The regular edition
includes twenty digital prints, in a limited issue of
100, displayed within a portable viewing portfolio,
along with a sheet of original postage stamp designs.

Each image reproduces one of my award-winning (NEA
Reg. Fellowship) snowglobes on a provocative
political, religious or social concern. The themes
are playfully commemorated using postage stamps, as
well, creating a fun and witty presentation. Anyone
interested in snowglobes, the book arts, mail art,
Cinderella postage stamp commemoratives, digital or
contemporary art will be intrigued by the work - and,
at a price of less than $25 a print. The regular
edition is priced at $450, postage paid. Unsigned,
individual prints can be purchased for $50. A deluxe
edition will be available at the end of the year.

The "Waterworks of Art" series often makes people
laugh, then think. Both are positive, healthy,
life-affirming methods of addressing the difficult,
contemporary issues represented in the pieces. My
experience has taught me that humor and playfulness
help individuals open up to new perspectives, while
anger and confrontation function only as barriers.
>From 1989-1996, I was profoundly restricted by a
serious illness causing chronic pain. Each print
originated and was developed during this "painful
period." In many ways, these prints represent the
best of who I am as a person and as an artist.

Read much more about the bookwork in the next issue
of Judith Hoffberg's "Umbrella." Or, view one of the
prints at http://iraa.artcalendar.com/how.html,
searching under "Harroff" or Book Arts. For any
inquiries, comments or questions, please contact:

William Harroff's Waterworks of Art
453 Cass Avenue
Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 656-5743