inkjet on

>Homemade paper would probably be easier to push through a laser printer than
>an inkjet. I've had good luck using all sorts of rough paper through lasers,
>my experience with inkjets is that they tend to be very fussy about paper.

i've found the opposite to be true.  the old laser i used to own needed to
heat papers from the back to set the toner - like many regulear toner
copiers.  if the paper had any thickness or texture, the printer was unable
to get the surface where the toner had been applied hot enough to make the
toner stay.

i own an art supply store which is about 1/3 paper.  several years ago i
started cutting every paper down and running it through my inkjet, printing
on them a grid in which to test calligraphy inks, not only for my own use,
but to share information with our customer calligraphers.  my husband told me
i should show the book to anyone wanting to print on papers, too.  it has
become an important tool to our regulars.

i've run denim paper, bark paper, tyvek, watercolor papers, thin rice papers,
textured rice papers, highly textured hmp from thailand, papers with petals,
many st. armand and twinrocker hmps and even vintage barcham green hmp.
these have also been tested with several inks from a broad-edge and pointed
pen.  it's been a great experiment, and i'm no longer a laser-snob.

kerry
little rock, arkansas