No Subject

Hello everybody,

I've gotten a couple of interesting emails about Fluxus...although I don't
know how Fluxus relates specifically to book arts, I do know something about
Fluxus. It's a loosely-knit group of artists who work in a plethora of
media, was founded in the late 50s or early 60s by a guy named McManus. John
Cage has been perhaps the strongeset driving force in Fluxus' career, and
Cage is still a presence in Fluxus although he died several years ago. Yoko
Ono, the poet Jackson Mac Low, the video artist Paik Nam Jun and other
people associated with the avant-garde have been involved with Fluxus. One
famous Fluxus performance is called "Lick," and it involves a several Fluxus
members laying naked on a table, covered with whipped cream, and audience
members are invited to lick whipped cream off the performers. Yet I am still
curious how Fluxus relates to book arts!

Dan