Re: Brain tanned hides

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, David J. Lawrence wrote:

> Am trying to find brain tanned (or similar process) elk or deerskin.
> Would anyone with source for either of these please drop me a line.
> Thanks. --Dave.
>
> David J. Lawrence / Dallas, Texas / lawrence@dhc.net
> http://www.dhc.net/~lawrence/Atelier_Vavrinec/index.html

Hi David,

Surprisingly, you can find a web page for brain tanned leather at
braintan.com!  I just took Cecilla Frost's WONDERFUL class on Utopian
Ethiopian Binding at PBI and we used brain tanned leather.She passed on
the web address to our class and I have surfed that web site several
times.  Have fun!

Marvel Maring