Bamboo/Material Source

Sorry:  I forgot who was asking about bamboo.  A suggestion for free/low-cost
bamboo and other materials:

Furniture rental or sale outlets sometimes deal in bamboo furniture.  They
sometimes find themself with units so damaged as to be unsalable.  If you
approached some of these dealers, promising to take this furniture off their
hands (you move it, of course), I'm sure they'd listen to you.  You might
have to translate this acceptance into your terms.  For example, the manager
of a store might say: "You're too late -- we've already scrapped the units.
They're back in the dumpster waiting to be hauled."  This is an acceptance.

E. Penrose