Re: who are we anyway?

I'm sure the reason why this individual in question posted his/her =
concerns upfront is because of the few lists online that present =
themselves as "forums for books, book dealing, and collectors" yet are =
really nothing more than "circus" forums for typing hyenas.=20

On these type of lists (which many of us have experienced) anyone can =
claim to be a book dealer, post incorrect archival information, make off =
the cuff comments and profoundly rude remarks (often slandering =
another's reputation or position.) Worst of all is that nothing is ever =
really done about it by the list owners. =20

Often out of line, unwarranted, and lacking factual information these =
actions are often allowed (we have to remember some are "fee for =
posting" lists and before the owner will loose a paying member they will =
try some lame form of action, if any at all not to ban i.e. loose the =
person's money.)=20

In my view this lack of serious action against such people is a lack of =
professional integrity and responsibility on the list owners part. It =
encourages the pathetic behaviour on these type of lists and ruins the =
lists reputation forever in the professional's view.=20

James Linza
thegentry.com
+=20
james linza, antiquarian=20