parchement on metal

I agree with Dorothy- It makes me think of the rustic "western" style of oiled
parchement shades that were so popular 50 years ago or so here in the US.
Many versions of this type of shade used parchement paper and even a a type of
fiberglass "parchement" for the panels, which would be more stable than real
vellum.  You can find them at the salvation army or goodwill.  Maybe getting a
few and studying them would be helpful.  I recall finding old manuals on
lampshade making at the public library that included variations on this sort
of thing.
best of luck

Jake Benson