Re: question from a lurker

I am slowly moving away from bookbinder to the term book artist, as well as book
conservator.  Book artist might be a bit "airy-fairy" but if you do more than
bind, you aren't just a binder.  I find that people either say "Oh, that's nice"
get this glassy look and go back for another cocktail or say "Really?  What do
you do exactly?" and will make sure your martini glass is kept full until they
here the whole explanation.  That said, either people aren't interested and it
doesn't matter what term you use or they will be very interested and ask you for
more details no matter what term you use.  I would pick the term you feel more
comfortable with and not be too concerned what other people think.

As for bibliopegist, though, say that in the wrong circles and you are liable to
end up in court.

Eric

 Eric Alstrom
 Collections Conservator