Re: Printers, etc. (and a new book)

> In terms of cost, I am just completing the first run of 100 of my latest book
> on the HP4000.  It is 304 pages and it takes 30 minutes to print out each
> complete, correlated book.  From each toner cartridge the HP4000 has printed
> 18+ complete books or nearly 5500 pages. After being burned by every
> cartridge remanufacturer, I only use original HP toner cartridges.  However,
> at ONSALE the C4127X cartridge is only $102 with free shipping.  This works
> out to 1.8 cents per image, which is pretty good.

Interesting  --  1.8 cents for toner, about 1 cent for paper so each double
sided page runs about 4.6 cents  --  plus the cost of purchasing the
printer, maintenance on the printer and the time it takes to run (1/2 hour
per book)  --  your local copy shop will probably run them for you for not
much more actual cost (less once you take your time into account)

Just a thought  --  from a copy shop owner of course

--

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."
-Samual Goldwyn

Larry Nebel  --  larryHN@alco.com
United Electronic Printers Inc - AlcoPrint  --  Fremont CA (USA)
510/796-2679

http://www.alco.com