[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: question from a lurker
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: question from a lurker
- From: Kelly Anderson <andersox@EARTHLINK.NET>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 06:49:22 -0700
- Message-Id: <199906251354.GAA19924@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
When I tell people I'm a basketmaker, I sometimes get jokes about "Basketry
101" and "underwater basketry," or get a glassy-eyed stare accompanied by,
"Oh? How nice."
When I started making books, I knew I would get more of the same so I
decided to tell people I'm a bookie in my free time. It makes them wonder.