[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: question from a lurker
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: question from a lurker
- From: Betty Storz <storz@MCN.ORG>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:57:24 -0700
- In-Reply-To: <199906251354.GAA11939@mail.mcn.org>
- Message-Id: <199906252108.OAA20426@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
It makes me happy to see all the lurkers coming out of the woodwork. Keep
it up! As for what I do, you can call me anything you want, except late for
dinner. You can even call me a taxi!
(Sorry, just couldn't resist)
At 06:49 AM 6/25/99 -0700, you wrote:
>When I tell people I'm a basketmaker, I sometimes get jokes about "Basketry
>101" and "underwater basketry," or get a glassy-eyed stare accompanied by,
>"Oh? How nice."
>When I started making books, I knew I would get more of the same so I
>decided to tell people I'm a bookie in my free time. It makes them wonder.
Betty Storz firstname.lastname@example.org