[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Where are we?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Where are we?
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:08:22 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199906271621.LAA06112@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199906271708.KAA16574@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I thought Peter gave us the distribution a short while ago. Maybe I'm just
having a senior moment. Anyway, I'm using the delete button a good bit.
At 09:13 AM 6/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a suggestion: Rather than having 1500+ subscribers sending
>individual messages with their locations, why not include hometowns in
>signatures, as some already do. Those who missed the original posting
>asking, "Where are we," are understandingly mystified to receive a message
>with only the location of the sender.
>Lurkers (God bless them) need only post occasionally, as we are all welcome
>to do, so newcomers will be aware of a neighbor.
>Anyway, I just added my home town to my signature.
>Betty Storz email@example.com
Sam Lanham (firstname.lastname@example.org)