[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: sculptured book
- From: Kathleen Parulski <ibindbooks@SNET.NET>
- Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 02:16:55 -0700
- Message-Id: <199907040617.XAA23022@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Hello list members!
I am writing to ask for help with a book project I am undertaking as
part of a Connecticut Commission on the Arts /Urban Artists
Initiative. The program asks artists to push themselves to the limits
of their work to become better artists etc...
Well, my focus is a body of work (artist books) to be ready for a
possible exhibit late this year.
One of my projects is a sculptured book of clothing pieces. My
struggle is what solution to use to mold the clothing pieces. I need
some flexibility to insert the text pages etc. at the same time have the
dress, suit be free standing.
Help...would starch work? Would a form be appropriate under the
outfit? Do I need to be sensitive to archival properties?
Thanks for bearing with me...