sculptured book

Hello list members!

I am writing to ask for help with a book project I am undertaking as
part of a Connecticut Commission on the Arts  /Urban Artists
Initiative.  The program asks artists to push themselves to the limits
of their work to become better artists etc...

Well, my focus is a body of work (artist books) to be ready for a
possible exhibit late this year.

One of my projects is a sculptured book of  clothing pieces.  My
struggle is what solution to use to mold the clothing pieces.  I need
some flexibility to insert the text pages etc. at the same time have the
dress, suit  be free standing.

Help...would starch work?  Would a form be appropriate under the
outfit?  Do I need to be sensitive to archival properties?

Thanks for bearing with me...

Kathy
Bristol, CT