WORKSHOP: "Two Case Bindings in a Slipcase", Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, Cascade Head, Oregon

Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, Cascade Head, Oregon
"Two Case Bindings in a Slipcase"
instructor: Barbara Tetenbaum
Saturday, July 24 - Monday, July 26
10 am - 4 pm
$135, plus plus $20 materials fee

Construct two elegant and simple case bindings -- a "german millimeter
binding" and a "Frost sewn-boards binding" -- from start to finish. You
will learn two sewing techniques, create simple decorated papers for the
covers and construct a slip-case to contain your two books. All materials
will be provided.

This workshop takes students step-by-step in the creation of these
book structures. Formally and informally, we will talk about tools, paper
characteristics, adhesives, and the evolution of the book structure. There
will be time to answer individual questions and look at both student work
and books from the instructor's collection.

Barbara Tetenbaum is an artist and book printer who has published her
experimental books under the imprint of Triangular Press since 1979.
Currently, she heads the Book Arts Dept. at the Oregon College of Art and
Craft where she teaches book design and both historic and innovative book
structures. Her work is held in many collections such as the New York
Public Library, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and the Deutches Bucherei.

contact Barbara Tetenbaum or Sitka for more information
B.T.: 503-286-7301
Sitka: <Sitka@OregonVOS.net>

                                >>> Glad to be back  in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen