Re: Web Design programs?

On the subject of web design programs... Many of the better packages have
more bells and whistles than you would ever want to use. What I do is look
at my statistics counter, that little rainbow box next to the counter on
the list homepage. In addition to showing you who, how often, from
where..., it also shows what level of Java, DHTML, and Style Sheets (CSS)
are supported by what percentage. You can also see what operating systems
are being used (Win, Mac, ...) and in what version as well as browser type.
I've started playing with DHTML and style sheets on another part of my site
and love it. It allows a much great degree of control over formating, but
18% can't take advantage of it... Something to think about as we design our
pages. Who do we alienate or not, do we overdo it, ...?

So, now that many of you are designing your own pages, don't forget to send
me links/URLs for inclusion on the Book Arts Web, I'll expect to see plenty
of nice examples of bookwork as well as nice design. I know, I need to work
on the design of my pages....

So, back to our regularily scheduled book arts discussions...

Peter

                                >>> Glad to be back  in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen
<Email>