Re: Christopher Clarkson lecture

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Dorothy Africa wrote:
>   As previously announced on this list, Christopher Clarkson will be
> giving a lecture in Boston at the public library on July 31 at 11 a.m.
>     2) "Rediscovering Parchment: The Nature of the Beast", PC, vol.
> 16(1992) pp. 5-26
>    Yes, I know, it was very sneaky of Chris to publish his article on
> vellum in a journal for paper conservators, but that's what he did.
>    Dorothy Africa

That whole issue is devoted to vellum - it's priceless. Wish I could be in
Boston (and that's a Noo Yawker speaking!)

Paul Werner, New York City
http://pages.nyu.edu/~ptw1
     DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES: a project to research and teach the
techniques of the Medieval scribe and artist.
     THE ORANGE PRESS: most recent titles: "Vellum Preparation:
History and Technique," and "Dragonsblood and Ashes: the Beta
Version."
     WOID: a journal of visual language in New York, including reviews,
listings and resources.

To subscribe to WOID:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/WOID