Re: history

I've been searching the web for bookbinding history. I'm finding a lot on
printing history, illustration, writing styles, cover decoration-- a lot on
almost every aspect except the actual putting together of books--the sewing,
cords, thongs, tapes, the attachment of boards. I've gone through all my
books and under the history of books sections very little is said about
binding. Can anyone recommend a good reference book that goes into the
history of binding.
Patricia Grass