[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bookbinding books for sale
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Bookbinding books for sale
- From: Glenn Fukunaga <Deafnblind@AOL.COM>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 18:22:37 EDT
- Message-Id: <199907112224.PAA19862@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Here's a list of 20 titles for sale. Please call Glenn Fukunaga at
512-445-4544 to place your order. Orders will be filled on a first come first
S&H- Add 3.00 for the first title & !.00 for each additional title.( U.S.
Sorry no credit cards. Send checks or money orders after confirmation of
availability to Glenn Fukunaga, 800 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, Texas 78704
1) Diehl, BOOKBINDING, IT'S BACKGROUND AND TECHNIQUE. 1946. First edition. 2
vols. in the original slipcase. Excellent condition. 175.00
2) Forsyth, BOOKBINDING FOR TEACHERS, STUDENTS & AMATEURS. 1932. First
edition w/original d.j. Some foxing to text else fine. 50.00
3) Prideaux, MODERN BOOKBINDINGS, THEIR DESIGN & DECORATION. 1906. Full of
illustrations. Some discoloration to covers, inner hinges are weak. Text &
illustrations are clean. 150.00
4) Mason, PAPERMAKING AS AN ARTISTIC CRAFT. (1963) Signed photo of the author
tipped to the inside of the front cover. 2 full page samples included as well
as the gilt wasp on the front cover.(later issues lack it) Fine. 100.00
5) Cunha, CONSERVATION OF LIBRARY MATERIALS. 1967. Pen signature on back of
title page, else fine. mylar d.j. 20.00
6) Brenni, BOOKBINDING, A GUIDE TO THE LITERATURE. (1982) Fine. 25.00
7) Brenni, BOOK ILLUSTRATION & DECORATION, A GUIDE TO RESEARCH. )1980) Fine.
8)The Lakeside Press, ALL THE KING'S HORSES AND ALL THE KING'S MEN. Fine.
Mylar d.j. 40.00
9) Needham, TWELVE CENTURIES OF BOOKBINDINGS. 400 to 1600. (1979) Pictorial
wrappers soiled, text unaffected. Pen marking on front flyleaf & first blank.
10) Prideaux, NOTES ON PRINTING AND BOOKBINDING. 1921. Good condition
with all 16 plates. 50.00
11) Appleton, A TYPOLOGICAL TALLY. 1973. Privately printed. First edition.
Excellent condition with d.j. 30.00
12) Buck, BOOK REPAIR & RESTORATION. 1918. First ed. Original cloth and d.j.
Binding in excellent condition & d.j. with minor chipping. Limited to 1000
13) Davenport, THOMAS BERTHELET, ROYAL PRINTER & BOOKBINDER TO HENRY VIII,
KING OF ENGLAND. 1901. Limited to 252 copies. Waterstain to lower half of
14) Bonnardot, ESSAI SUR L'ART DE RESTAURER LES ESTAMPES ET LES LIVRES.....
bound with DE LE REPARATION DES VIELLES RELIURES....... 1858. Contemporary
qtr. leather binding with marbled sides & edges. Second and first edition,
respectively. 2 important French works on conservation & retoration. Nice.
15) Town, BOOKBINDING BY HAND. Original cloth and d.j. First edition.
Excellent condition except for small chip in d.j. and stamped date on flap of
16)Horne, THE BINDING OF BOOKS. 1894. First edition. Original cloth. Covers
rubbed, some foxing to 1st & last leaves, else fine. 50.00
17)Nicholson, ART OF BOOKBINDING. 1856. First edition. Original cloth with
spine chipping & corners frayed. Lacking ads at rear. Has the beautiful
marbled paper samples. Warner bookplate on front pastedown. 475.00
18) Werner, ONE MAN'S WORK. 1982. Original qtr. leather binding with marbled
paper sides. 200 copies. Signed by Arno Werner and Carol J. Blinn. Fine.
19) Matthews, BOOKBINDING, A MANUAL FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE CRAFT OF
BOOKBINDING. nd. Original light brown cloth with some discoloration at the
20) Matthews, BOOKBINDING, A MANUAL FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE CRAFT OF
BOOKBINDING. nd. Original blue cloth with some fading & chipping of spine.