Re: history

According to my library's online catalog, the McMurtie book had another edition
issued in 1989 by Dorset Press (New York) ISBN 0-880-29348-9.  It might still be
available.

Eric

--- Meg Kennedy wrote:
In addition to the previous titles mentioned, I have three books that
might help. Two, unfortunately, are out of print, but I was able to get
copies at a used book shop.
<snip>
THE BOOK: The Story of Printing & Bookmaking
by Douglas C. Mc Murtrie (Out of print, originally published by Oxford
University Press, 5th printing 1957, hardcover)
<snip>

Hope this helps. Good luck!
--Meg Kennedy
--- end of quote ---