Re: bookpress

Lora--Contact your neighbor Bill Streeter, Heraldry Bindery, 78 Masonic
Street, Northampton, Mass 01060.  I don't have his phone number at hand.
He's the expert on presses and his recent book, BEFORE PHOTOCOPYING, is
absolutely remarkable.  I don't, however, see a press by William Mann
listed in it.  Mann may not have been the manufacturer.  Sometimes
distributors added their own names.  Are there any other marks?  Could you
describe the press in more detail?  Is it an old copy press or is it
strictly a bookbinding press?

Nor do I see Mann listed in Sterne's CATALOGUE OF NINETEENTH CENTURY
BINDERY EQUIPMENT.

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)