fore-edge phantom

I am making a book using fore-edge phantom. It is an edition of a 100,
chinese binding and the title is "karma-bound" it contains reproduction
of my papercuttings and epigrams by Marcia Newfield .  This fore edge
phantom fitted this project for the subject and for the look of printing
blocks.
 I saw a book (don't remember the name)having 2 different  paintings on
the same fore-edge. I would be interested to know more of those
techniques . And by curiosity to know if there is any example of more
than 2 or 3 painting on the same fore-edge.
Thank you,
--
B=E9atrice Coron
Eclectic Iconoclast http://idt.net/~beart