Re: Books with pictures

There is no literary or electronic substitute for handling a
lot of real antiquarian books.
The diversity is simply too great.
The internet will not do it. Nor will a few reference books.
You have to do your homework. You have to handle thousands
of books.
Visit as many antiquarian bookshops as you can. Talk to the
dealers.
Visit the major museum collections and their libraries. If
you are bona fide and
make an appointment, they will let you handle the books.
Keep a notebook of your research.
After some real experience, you should be able to identify
and replicate the bindings.

Art Rubino & Co.
Antiquarian Book Sellers
Numismatic & Philatelic Arts of Santa Fe
P.O. Box 9712
Santa Fe, NM 87504  USA
Phone  505 982 8792
Fax      505 982 0291
Email  Art_Rubino@msn.com

We are always interested in buying fine used
Numismatic,  Philatelic & Collectibles books.

In the United Kingdom
Art Rubino & Co.
Antiquarian Booksellers
233 Wandsworth Bridge Road
London SW6 2TU
Phone  44 171 731 2919
Fax       44 171 610 6930
Mobile  44 468 301 890

Catalogues Available By Email
Sent in Win 95/Word 6.0 Format unless you specify.
Numismatic Books  Pt I  Ancient, Byz. & Medievel. 90 pp.
Numismatic Books Pt II  Modern Era [post 1400] 88 pp.
Numismatic Sales Catalogues & Fixed Price Lists 30 pp.
Treasure [Numismatic] Books. Cobs, diving for treasure.
Philatelic Books 60 pp.
Ancient & Modern History, Bank History, Military History,
Archaeology Books.
Collectibles Books. Porcelain, antiques, rare artifacts.
Modern First Editions & Literature.
Magic & Divination, Handwriting, Palm Reading, Dreams
Conservation Supplies for Collectors