Re: Make Weights

In earlier days plumbers used lead to solder pipes together.  They had
lumps of the stuff, and sometimes you can find one of these (garage
sale, old barn, junk store, and even older plumbers).  They can be
shaped with a hammer to eliminate rough edges and to flatten a bottom,
and then they can be wrapped in cloth.  Handles are be easily made of
cloth attached with screws or by gluing on a sling.

And just a week ago I found a set of coasters that were filled with
something very very heavy and covered with felt on the bottom.  Not
particularly pretty, but good for holding paper in place.

I also have several chunks of railroad rail--heavy as sin, but very
useful.  They don't stack, however...

Carol
Eugene, OR