[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Make Weights!
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Make Weights!
- From: Bill Drendel <VENEZIA747@AOL.COM>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 23:36:50 EDT
- Message-Id: <199907170337.UAA19862@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
OK,OK. When I was first learning bookbinding we had to make our weights. We
were sent to a brick yard that carried fire brick. They seem to be very heavy
and perfectly RECTANGULAR. We clad them with binder board on all 6 sides and
them covered them with proxlyn (Sp?) coated book cloth. Alas, great weights
with 90 degree corners, and really quite cheap. Fifteen years later I'm still
using them and they look like I made them yesterday.