Re: Make Weights!

Re the salt bag- I have for years used a sand bag I first acquired for jewelry
work as an undergraduate.  Weighs about ten pounds. Especially nice for gluing
leather to sculpted book covers.
Another weighty idea - this is from my grandma, she uses it for sewing. Metal
washers are made in very hefty sizes. Get some that are about 4 inches (10 cm)
in diameter and cover them. (the easiest way is to crochet around them with
yarn) They are perfect for holding patterns down on cloth or leather or other
times when you just need a little help holding something down.
-erin