[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Position at the American Philosophical Society
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Position at the American Philosophical Society
- From: Hedi Kyle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:39:49 -0400
- Message-Id: <199907201752.KAA17336@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
POSITION AT THE AMERICAN PHILOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
The APS is offering a three year full-time position for a conservation
position is made possible by a grant to re-house and preserve the APS
important pamphlet collection.
The successful candidate is expected to disbind approximately 18,750
place them into archival folders. They are organized into volumes
pamphlets a piece.
The conservation technician will also custom-make approximately 1250
slipcases. This requires a production orientated mind and the ability to
independently, although supervision will be initially provided.
We are looking for a person with excellent manual skills and endurance
to see this project
through to a successful conclusion Previous experience in book related
would be helpful.
The salary for this position is in the $25.000 range and includes health
Applications should be received by August 1, 1999. Please include a
your qualifications, your resume and three references that we can
American Philosophical Society
!06 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106